The Salterns apartments are owned and operated by Premier Marinas. Registered in England and Wales as Premier Marinas Limited, Swanwick Marina, Swanwick, Southampton SO31 1ZL. Company Reg. No. 02973858.
The Salterns. Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions “You” or “Your” means the person named in the confirmation invoice. “We” or “Us” means Premier Marinas Ltd. Swanwick Marina, Swanwick, Southampton, SO31 1ZL
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before making your booking.
1. Your booking
- Your contract with us commences when we issue you with your confirmation invoice. Your contract with us will be on the terms set out in these terms and conditions.
- We may offer you the option of provisionally holding a booking, for up to 3 working days, if you contact us by telephone or email. If you do not confirm your booking by that time, the accommodation will be released for general sale. If, by exception, we are able to provisionally hold your booking for a longer period we will advise you of that when you contact us.
- All bookings are formally confirmed when we issue you with your confirmation invoice. Your confirmation invoice will set out the accommodation you have booked, the dates of your booking, the total amount payable for your booking and the dates on which payments are due. We will issue you with your confirmation invoice by email or, if requested, by post.
- You, as the person making the booking, will be responsible for all members of your party. You, as the person in charge of your party, must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking.
2. Paying for your accommodation
- For bookings made more than 8 weeks in advance you must pay us one third of the total amount payable for your booking at the time of booking. We must then receive the balance by the date set out in your confirmation invoice (which will generally be 8 weeks before the start of your stay).
- For bookings made less than 8 weeks in advance, you must pay us the total amount payable for your booking at the time of booking.
- If you do not make any payment by the date it is due, we will send you a reminder by email or by telephone. If you fail to make the relevant payment within 14 days of the date it is due, we will assume that you wish to cancel your booking. If this happens, your booking will immediately be cancelled and the cancellation charges set out in Section 4.2 (“If you want to cancel your booking”) will apply.
- If you are making a ‘group’ arrangement and booking four apartments or more for the same dates of stay you must pay us 30% at the time of booking, a further 30% 180 days before the start of your stay and the balance 8 weeks before the start of your stay.
3. Pricing for our accommodation
- For the most up to date pricing information please visit www.thesalterns.co.uk or call us on 01243 512731. We will confirm the price of your accommodation at the time you make your booking and in your confirmation invoice.
- All prices are quoted and payable in British pounds sterling.
- All prices include VAT. If the VAT rates change, we reserve the right to change our prices accordingly.
- All prices include all charges for water, gas, electricity, and oil.
4. If you want to cancel your booking
- If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking you must let us know by email or in writing as soon as possible. Your booking will be cancelled with effect from the day we receive your email or written notification.
- The closer your cancellation is to the start of your booking, the less likely we are to recover the cost of your booking by re-selling your accommodation. Our cancellation charges therefore increase as your start date approaches. For the purposes of the table below, the total cost means the total amount payable in relation to your booking, as set out in your confirmation invoice.
- If you make a group arrangement, as described in section 2.4, there will be no refund of any amounts paid.
Number of days prior to holiday start date Cancellation charge
More than 180 days £75
180 to 57 days Loss of deposit
56 to 29 days 75% of the total cost
28 days or less 100% of the total cost
5. If you want to change your booking
- If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking you must let us know by telephone, by email or in writing as soon as possible.
- Whilst we will do our best to accommodate you, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet any request for changes. Please note that it is not possible for us to change bookings less than two months before the start date.
- If we do change your booking, you must pay us a charge of £75 to cover the costs we incur in making the change to your booking. You must also pay us any additional rental costs due as a result of the change – we will confirm the amount of any additional rental costs due at the time we change your booking. If your rental costs are lower as a result of the change – we will refund you the difference at the time we change your booking.
6. If we need to change or cancel your booking
- We do not expect to have to make changes to your booking, however sometimes problems happen and bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We will only change or cancel your booking if necessary to perform or complete essential remedial or refurbishment works or for other reasons unforeseen at the time you made your booking which are beyond our reasonable control.
- If we do need to change or cancel your booking, we will do our best to offer you a suitable alternative booking. If we are not able to offer you a suitable alternative, or if you do not accept the alternative we offer, we will refund you the total amount you have paid us for the booking.
7. Visitor standards and behaviour
- You will be provided with a welcome pack at your accommodation that contains important information about your stay with us. Please ensure that you and your party read the welcome pack carefully on arrival. You must also ensure that you and your party familiarise yourselves with the layout of the accommodation and the location of the fire exits.
- You must keep the accommodation and its contents clean and tidy and leave them in the same condition as when you arrived.
- You must not use the accommodation, or allow it to be used, for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities. You must not cause any nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours or anyone else during your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of your accommodation. You and your party must not smoke inside your accommodation.
- Dogs are permitted at certain of our properties. You must tell us at the time of booking if you wish to bring a dog to one of our dog friendly properties. Please do not bring dogs to our properties that are not indicated as dog friendly. Unfortunately, no other domestic pets are permitted at our properties. Assistance dogs are permitted at our properties, however you must notify us at the time of booking if you wish to bring an assistance dog with you.
- Please note that if you do not comply with the standards and behaviours set out in this Section 7 we may need to exercise our rights under Section 12 (“Our right to evict”).
8. Maximum occupancy for your accommodation
- You must ensure that the maximum number of persons occupying the accommodation does not exceed the maximum occupancy limits as advised by us at the time of booking.
- We set maximum occupancy limits in line with the facilities and equipment available at the relevant accommodation. Exceeding the maximum occupancy limits can overload facilities and lead to extensive damage. As such, we reserve the right to require you to leave the premises (without any compensation) if you exceed the maximum occupancy limits as described in this Section 8.
- If you wish to hold a party or other celebration at the accommodation that would cause you to exceed the maximum occupancy limit, you must obtain our written permission in advance.
9. Damage to the accommodation or its contents
- If you discover that anything is missing or damaged on arrival at your accommodation you must notify us immediately on 01243 512 731. If you do not notify us we will assume that you caused the relevant damage or loss.
- You will be responsible for the cost of any accidental damage you or your party cause to the property or its contents in excess of £50. So, for example, if you cause accidental damage of £500, you will need to pay us £450.
- You will be responsible for 100% of the cost of any non-accidental damage you or your party cause to the property or its contents. Any loss or damage caused by your failure to meet the requirements set out in these terms and conditions or in your welcome pack, will be considered non-accidental damage.
10. If you have a problem or complaint
- We take care to ensure that our accommodation is of a high standard. However, if you have any problems with your accommodation, please contact us immediately and give us the opportunity to resolve it. Please contact us by telephone on 01243 512731 or by email at email@example.com We will work with you to ensure that any complaints are investigated and resolved as promptly and efficiently as possible.
- If you have an unresolved complaint at the end of your stay please write to us Premier Marinas, Chichester Marina, Birdham, CHICHESTER, PO20 7EJ email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01243 512731. In considering any complaint we will take into account whether we have been given the opportunity to investigate it and put matters right.
- Please note that we will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse towards any of our staff or representatives.
11. Our rights of access
- Our staff or contractors may need to access your accommodation if there is an unforeseen problem, to investigate a complaint you have made, or to perform certain routine property checks. If this happens, we will do our best to let you know in advance of the date and time that we will need access.
- If your stay with us lasts more than seven days, our staff or contractors will need to access the accommodation in order to perform a service clean and to change the linen.
- If we do need to access your accommodation for any reason we will always try to access the property at reasonably convenient times (other than in the event of an emergency).
12. Our right to evict
- We may terminate our contract with you and ask you to leave your accommodation immediately (without any compensation being payable) if:
we consider that you or your party have committed a serious breach of these terms and conditions;
we consider that your or your party’s behaviour endangers the safety of our visitors or staff;
any complaints are made of anti-social or unacceptable behaviour against you or your party;
you or your party cause an unreasonable amount of damage to the property or its contents; or
you exceed the maximum occupancy limit for your accommodation.
13. Our liability to you
- If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is foreseeable as a result of our breach of these terms and conditions or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit our liability for:
death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on our part;
any breach of the terms implied by Section 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
14. Events beyond our control
- We will not be responsible for any failure to perform our obligations under these terms and conditions that is caused by an event outside our control.
- An event outside our control means any act or event that is beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, strikes or industrial action by third parties, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat of war, civil commotion, riot, invasion, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
15. Some practical information for your stay
- Your check-in and departure times will be set out in your confirmation invoice. Normally, check-in is available from 3pm on the first day of your stay and departure is required before 10am on the last day of your stay. If you do not leave the accommodation by the required departure time we reserve the right to charge you a late checkout fee to cover any costs we incur.
- If you leave any of your possessions behind at your accommodation, please contact us as soon as possible. We reserve the right to charge you for any storage and delivery costs that we incur in relation to your lost property. We will hold all lost property for six months, after which it will be disposed of.
16. Data Protection
- We may communicate with you from time to time.
- If you wish to alter the way we communicate with you at any time you can e-mail us at email@example.com
17. Governing Law
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. Discounts and offers
- Discounts are only valid on new bookings and therefore the offer cannot be applied after a booking has been made.
- Discounts cannot be combined with any other offers or discount.
- Discounts must be booked by the time and date stipulated on the individual offer.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of any offer at any time without prior notice by amending these online. Once we start an enquiry with the offer it cannot be altered or changed.
- Where Wi-Fi is an advertised facility, please note that its provision is subject to availability and network conditions. It may not be available 24 hours a day and is provided for pleasure not for business purposes. Bookings are not accepted if they are wholly reliant on the uninterrupted, unlimited provision of Wi-Fi.